This you Need to Know
1. Mr Gay Europe is an 7-day event. The official announcement of the winner will take place on the last Saturday of the event, next time in 2022. (The exact dates will be published later.)
2. The delegates need to have arrived before 15:00 local time on the first day of the event. If you need to arrive later, you must notify the MGE Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The delegates can book their ticket back home in the afternoon on the last day of the event.
4. Please let us know of any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, allergies, diabetes, kosher, halal, etc.) During your stay you will get breakfast, lunch and dinner.
5. Many of the activities during the event will be videotaped. Delegates have to understand that the event can be broadcast domestic and foreign, without any limitations, and without any fee to the delegates. All delegates must be willing to be photographed and videotaped at all times.
6. Rehearsals and seminars may be held at different times during your stay. The people guiding you through these activities are highly respected professionals. Your success and confidence will depend upon your willingness to cooperate. Please listen to directions, follow instructions and always be on time! Mobile phones should be switched off or set to silent mode during rehearsals and seminars!
7. Keep personal wardrobe at a minimum. You will be personally responsible for any overweight charges you incur en route to and from the event. You will also receive gifts and we guess you want to take them with you back home. We recommend that you do not bring valuables. Please do not pack any documents necessary for registration in your checked in luggage. And remember no fluids in your hand luggage!
8. Make sure you give us your flight times and info on the correct airport, railway station etc. you arrive at, (there are several!) so that we can direct you to the correct public transportation. As soon as you know your travel schedule, please send it to email@example.com
9. At arrival you will be asked to show your passport or EU ID-card and valid travel insurance. You will have to check if you will need a valid Visa to the UK due to Brexit. We also ask all our delegates to bring a Covid-19 vaccine certification.
10. As an official delegate of Mr Gay Europe, you will be sharing a room (with single beds) with other delegates. This is the friendship idea behind Mr Gay Europe and has proved to be a great success. People bond and make friends from all over Europe, and we still hear that people are in contact with each other via email, text messages and social media. Some have even visited each other in their respective countries after the competition is over.
11. We think it would be nice if you brought one of your new friends a small gift from your home country. It does not have to be something expensive, but a little souvenir that tells something about where you live. It could be anything from a key chain made in your country to a book telling about where you are from. Sometimes you can get help from the local tourist office in your city. Explain to them what the gift is for, and perhaps they will provide it for you for free.
12. You will be solely responsible for all of your personal incidental expenses such as phone calls, pay-TV, clothes cleaning, mini-bar and room-service. These charges must be paid before you check out of the hotel. No exceptions!
13. Smoking and drinking; you are not allowed to smoke in your room. If you have to smoke, please smoke in designated areas only. If you drink, please drink responsibly. Use of drugs is strictly prohibited. Any misconduct, non-observance of rules, use of drugs or disrespectful behaviour by a delegate may result in immediate dismissal from the Mr Gay Europe competition.
14. As you arrive for the competition you are asked to sign an agreement that goes into effect if you win the competition. If you don’t win, the contract will be shredded. The agreement is the framework for your co-operation with the Mr Gay Europe organisation in the year to come.
15. As a Mr Gay Europe delegate you are expected to reply to emails, messages and SMS within a short time. A future Mr Gay Europe must be “online” and ready to respond within reasonable limits.