It is very, very important that you send us the right kind of photo to represent you as a Delegate in the competition.
Remember that all the voters out there are the ones who can contribute to you making it to the finals. Much of this is based on the right kind of photo – because seeing is believing!
A few tips:
1. The image has to be in focus.
2. The background should not be messy or untidy such as the shower curtain in your bathroom or lying on the Batman covers for your bed or in front of your bookshelf! (Trust me – we’ve got pictures from previous Delegates to prove it!)
3. Keep your clothes on – a little bit of skin never hurt anyone – too much skin can be off-putting.
4. Look into the camera – that way you have eye contact with your voters.
5. The photo should be approximately 10 x 15 centimeters or larger. The image should preferably be at least 150 dpi or more.
6. If you can’t decide on your photo or are unsure, send it in and you will get constructive criticism in return. If you have
questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Here are some samples of a few not so good images….
NO Handsome guy, but as long as we can’t see your eyes, this photo will not be approved.
YES Eye contact with the camera, and even if he shows a little skin, it is hardly X-rated.
MAYBE Not the best photo in the world, but this image would be approved, but we have a feeling it won’t get many votes.
YES Eye contact with the camera is really important! Black and white images will also be approved. But we DO prefer color photos.
YES Okay, it looks like this guy’s passport photo, but it will do!
YES Here you see a guy who has worked on his look and this guy wants to win. Remember that the voters tend to vote for an image that ” sells”.
NO Only the Delegate should be in the photo, and masking your holiday flirt, boyfriend or buddy won’t help you!
NO The voters want to know who they are voting for, the image should be in focus.
MAYBE Not exactly your average ”sunshine boy”, but if you desire to have a tough, serious, or sensitive look it is really up to you. Just remember to have eye contact with the camera and that the picture should represent you as a Delegate representing your country.
NO Probably a fun profile photo for Date.com, but the image should be in focus and show you off from your best side.
NO Save it for Facebook, will ’ya?
YES But try to look straight into the camera (no pun intended) and more importantly, the image is actually of you…
NO Surely a nice holiday photo, but we’d like to see you eyes, and this is not Gaydar so you do not need to be half naked in this photo…
YES Elaborate hairstyles, tattoos and such should not prevent you from entering the Mr. Gay Europe Competition.
NO Cute smile, but please keep your willy inside your pants. Both in the photo and on stage.
NO Would you look into the camera, already!
YES If you desire to make a statement about your profession, or where you stand politically go ahead! Just make sure that we see you too and not only your statement.
These images are used as illustrations only and the people in these photos are not Delegates in The Mr. Gay Europe Competition.